Friday 27 February 2009

Six Nations - week three predictions

I'm 5/6 on Six Nations predictions so far (I though France might sneak a win in Dublin). Which is pretty impressive for me because oft-times I go out on a limb and pick an obscure result or two.

Well, that time has come.

This weekend I'm going with France to cause a bit of an upset by beating Grand Slam winners Wales (still an upset by my book despite the fact the French are at home). The match is on tonight at 8pm.

I'm also backing Frank Hadden's boys to have enough to see of the Italians at Murrayfield tomorrow, though I suspect the match might be pretty tight and a turgid, forward-battling snoozefest for the majority of it. But I think we might just squeeze it. If not, Hadden is most certainly a goner.

And finally, at Croke Park in Dublin the Irish are unchanged for the third match in a row to face England who have cursed indicipline for their performances so far. Surprisingly, I'm going with the away side. I've seen enough improvement in England over the last two games - and a sense that they "want it" this week. If they can keep within the laws of the game (and keep as many men on the field as possible) I'll go with them to cause an upset.

France 21 - 17 Wales
Scotland 22 - 10 Italy

Ireland 17 - 24 England


Now that I've gone with those predictions, surely Wales, Italy and Ireland will come away with wins this weekend. Oh, the joys!

3 comments:

Anonymous,  27 February 2009 at 21:55  

so what is your view on the gavin hastings outburst - a play for a vacancy come Monday perhaps?

Malc 28 February 2009 at 09:50  

Hastings is right. Hadden is not the man for the job.

And Hastings doesn't want the job.

Jeff 1 March 2009 at 13:36  

I found it pretty funny that Danielli and McLean were playing yesterday, but the former for Scotland and the latter for Italy.

I don't know anything else about rugby but your predictions looked almost spot on. If England could have kept 15 on the pitch long enough you would have scooped it.

Post a Comment

Contact

Feel free to get in touch with me if you have an issue with something you've read here... or if you simply want to debate some more! You can email me at:

baldy_malc - AT - hotmail - DOT - com
Politics Blogs - Blog Top Sites

Comment Policy

I'm quite happy - indeed, eager - to engage in debate with others when the topic provides opportunity to do so. I like knowing who I'm debating with and I'm fed up with some abusive anonymous comments so I've disabled those comments for awhile. If you want to comment, log in - it only takes a minute.
Powered By Blogger

Disclaimer

Regrettably, this is probably required:
This blog is my own personal opinion (unless otherwise stated) and does not necessarily reflect the views of any other organisation (political or otherwise) that I am a member of or affiliated to.
BlogRankers.com
Sport Blogs
Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template The Business Templates by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP