Sunday 2 March 2008

The Future of Liberal Democracy...

Having savaged Stephen Nicol for being... well, rubbish, I thought I better offer some hope for his future. Former UK party leader (that is, before they kicked him out for having a bit of character) Charles Kennedy was this week elected rector of Glasgow University. He joins another former party leader (who was kicked out for having a bit of... age) Sir Menzies Campbell as a rector [edit - not rector, Chancellor - which I should've known having sat through a grad ceremony last year!, thanks to ASWAS for that] of one of Scotland's old universities - he's at St Andrews.

So is there a future for the most bland man in Scottish politics in this sphere? Time will only tell...

2 comments:

Marco Biagi 2 March 2008 at 22:26  

Ming Campbell is Chancellor of the University of St Andrews, not Rector. The Rector is a rather charming gentleman called Simon Pepper, who could be described as a green, if not a Green. He used to be Director of WWFScotland.

Oh, and St Andrews doesn't have a full stop to show the 'Saint' abbreviation. No idea why not.

Malc 3 March 2008 at 09:44  

And our sponsor for that piece of unrivalled geekery... ASWAS!

Post a Comment

Contact

Feel free to get in touch with me if you have an issue with something you've read here... or if you simply want to debate some more! You can email me at:

baldy_malc - AT - hotmail - DOT - com
Politics Blogs - Blog Top Sites

Comment Policy

I'm quite happy - indeed, eager - to engage in debate with others when the topic provides opportunity to do so. I like knowing who I'm debating with and I'm fed up with some abusive anonymous comments so I've disabled those comments for awhile. If you want to comment, log in - it only takes a minute.
Powered By Blogger

Disclaimer

Regrettably, this is probably required:
This blog is my own personal opinion (unless otherwise stated) and does not necessarily reflect the views of any other organisation (political or otherwise) that I am a member of or affiliated to.
BlogRankers.com
Sport Blogs
Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template The Business Templates by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP