Thursday 16 July 2009

Bargain!


Another one for the rugby fans... but one I thought I should share with you.

I've just bought a season ticket to watch Edinburgh at Murrayfield over the 2009-10 rugby season. Included in the price are a ticket for:

All 9 Home Magners League matches
All 3 Home Heineken Cup Group matches
3 Home Glasgow matches (including Glasgow v Edinburgh)
and a Home pre-season friendly against Harlequins.

Tot up how much you reckon that would come to. 16 games of rugby at what, 20 quid each? That's £320.

Edinburgh are offering the season ticket for half that - £160 for adults. And it gets better for me because - as a student - I qualify for the concession price. Half it again. £80. For 16 matches. That's a FIVER each.

Have to say, in the past (actually, in the present too) I have not been impressed with the SRU and their marketing strategy - particularly when it comes to Sunday Six Nations matches with late kick off times making it difficult to get back to anywhere outside the central belt before Monday. But on this, in light of the current financial climate, they've got it spot on.

If you are interested - have a wee look at the info here. It's as good a bargain as you'll find at the moment.

2 comments:

subrosa 16 July 2009 at 10:03  

They should sell like hotcakes at that price. It's about time they had a decent pricing system.

Unknown 16 July 2009 at 10:30  

That's not bad at all - if you like rugby, that is:-)

Post a Comment

Contact

Feel free to get in touch with me if you have an issue with something you've read here... or if you simply want to debate some more! You can email me at:

baldy_malc - AT - hotmail - DOT - com
Politics Blogs - Blog Top Sites

Comment Policy

I'm quite happy - indeed, eager - to engage in debate with others when the topic provides opportunity to do so. I like knowing who I'm debating with and I'm fed up with some abusive anonymous comments so I've disabled those comments for awhile. If you want to comment, log in - it only takes a minute.
Powered By Blogger

Disclaimer

Regrettably, this is probably required:
This blog is my own personal opinion (unless otherwise stated) and does not necessarily reflect the views of any other organisation (political or otherwise) that I am a member of or affiliated to.
BlogRankers.com
Sport Blogs
Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template The Business Templates by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP