Wednesday 22 July 2009

What kind of week has it been?


I had this piece ready to post on Saturday, but I forgot about it, so I'll post it now and update it at the end:

Fans of Aaron Sorkin will know where I got the title of this piece from. He used it ("day" not "week" but I'm taking liberties here) as the title of the final episode in the first season of each of his three major tv series - Sports Night, The West Wing and Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip. All cracking entertainment and highly worth watching.


So what kind of week has it been?

Well, Monday I signed up for the Loch Ness Marathon. Wednesday I set up the page for sponsorship. And Saturday we went on the first of our "long and hellish" runs which turned out not to be too bad.

By the numbers then:
28 miles run this week.
£245 raised for MS Society by 2pm Saturday.
Oh yeah, and I also wrote 3,000 words of the second chapter of my thesis.
And sorted out a week-long holiday.

Pretty chuffed with the way the week went. Hope next week works as well!

It's now Wednesday - one week from when I set up the JustGiving site - and we have now raised a staggering £438.20 and currently stand at 88% of our target. A huge thank you to everyone who has sponsored us so far. It really is awesome how quickly folks have dipped into their pockets for a great cause, even more remarkable in such difficult financial times. We really do appreciate all the support.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Contact

Feel free to get in touch with me if you have an issue with something you've read here... or if you simply want to debate some more! You can email me at:

baldy_malc - AT - hotmail - DOT - com
Politics Blogs - Blog Top Sites

Comment Policy

I'm quite happy - indeed, eager - to engage in debate with others when the topic provides opportunity to do so. I like knowing who I'm debating with and I'm fed up with some abusive anonymous comments so I've disabled those comments for awhile. If you want to comment, log in - it only takes a minute.
Powered By Blogger

Disclaimer

Regrettably, this is probably required:
This blog is my own personal opinion (unless otherwise stated) and does not necessarily reflect the views of any other organisation (political or otherwise) that I am a member of or affiliated to.
BlogRankers.com
Sport Blogs
Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template The Business Templates by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP