Thursday 24 September 2009

10 days to go!


As regular readers will know, I am running the Loch Ness Marathon in October.

The race is now only 10 days away and it can't come soon enough. I've totally sickened myself of running and I'm starting to feel minor twinges and aches and pains a wee bit more now. I think I know every street, cycle path and hill (the hills - ouch!) in Edinburgh now. That's what training for a marathon does to you! But the training (the hard part?) is nearly over, and the race is nearly upon us.

Audrey and I are running for MS Society Scotland who do terrific work for those 10,500 people with MS in Scotland - the highest proportion of a population anywhere in the world. To date we've managed to raise just under £1,400 - having set an original target of £500 - and we're absolutely thrilled and stunned at the generosity and support of friends, family and those who barely know us (this means you, dear blog reader!). It really is amazing - thanks so much!

A piece like this wouldn't be complete without a wee plea though. Our original aim was £500 - and you helped us smash that target. We haven't changed the target or anything, but we'd love to raise another £100 for a total of £1,500. If you feel like you can help at all - a couple of quid, the price of a pint - then please do sponsor us using the widget at the top of the page, or by visiting our JustGiving page here. I guess as some smart marketing guy/ girl said - "Every little helps."

Anyway, there have been times throughout our training when neither of us have been particularly enthusiastic about running, or have wilted dramatically when we were out on a long run. And I can honestly say that, at times like that, I started thinking about the money that we'd raised to that point, the support folks had given us and how much it would mean to those it would benefit and that kept me going.

What I mean is, your support is not only valuable to the charity and to those they will help, but it has helped us enormously as we tackle this challenge. So thank you for your continued support, and we'll let you know how it goes!

1 comments:

Anonymous,  27 September 2009 at 07:42  

Good luck man. Anyone that can run 26 miles has my admiration.

Post a Comment

Contact

Feel free to get in touch with me if you have an issue with something you've read here... or if you simply want to debate some more! You can email me at:

baldy_malc - AT - hotmail - DOT - com
Politics Blogs - Blog Top Sites

Comment Policy

I'm quite happy - indeed, eager - to engage in debate with others when the topic provides opportunity to do so. I like knowing who I'm debating with and I'm fed up with some abusive anonymous comments so I've disabled those comments for awhile. If you want to comment, log in - it only takes a minute.
Powered By Blogger

Disclaimer

Regrettably, this is probably required:
This blog is my own personal opinion (unless otherwise stated) and does not necessarily reflect the views of any other organisation (political or otherwise) that I am a member of or affiliated to.
BlogRankers.com
Sport Blogs
Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template The Business Templates by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP