Friday 11 September 2009

NFL Predictions

****Sport post - look away now if you don't care about NFL****

Another pretty busy week, but given the NFL season kicked off last night with an overtime win for the Steelers over the Titans, I wanted to note down my predictions for the season so that, come March when the 49ers and the Browns* contest the Superbowl we can laugh at how bad my predictions were. Perhaps only fellow NFL fan Stephen Glenn will be interested in this post, but thats fine too.

I'll start with the NFC:
North Packers (12-4, #1 seed)
East Giants (11-5, #2 seed)
South Falcons (11-5, #3 seed)
West Cardinals (10-6, #4 seed)
Wild Cards Saints (11-5, #5 seed) Eagles (10-6, #6 seed)

NFC Championship:
Packers over Saints

AFC
North Ravens (11-5, #3 seed)
East Patriots (13-3, #1 seed)
South Texans (9-7, #4 seed)
West Chargers (12-4, #2 seed)
Wild Cards Steelers (10-6, #5 seed) Jets (9-7, #6 seed)

AFC Championship:
Patriots over Steelers

Superbowl:
Patriots over Packers

So there we go. Check back in January to see how badly I've fared with these predictions. I had to back my Jets for a playoff spot, and that's at the expense of both the Titans and Colts (which might be surprising but I reckon I'm ahead of the curve here). In the NFC, the Cowboys will be the biggest disappointment in their new stadium, as they miss the playoffs and cost Wade Phillips his job. And through gritted teeth, I think Pats will seal another Superbowl.

You read it here first. Though perhaps not, if you've already read it somewhere else.

*This is, of course, a joke. Like saying Motherwell and St. Mirren will be the main contenders for the SPL trophy.

4 comments:

Stephen Glenn 11 September 2009 at 15:23  

I'll have a think about mine and get them posted up in a bit. :)

Holyrood Patter 11 September 2009 at 15:59  

i really want to go to the cowboys new stadium, looks awesome!

Unknown 11 September 2009 at 17:28  

Go Pack! Predictions look good--we shall see how they all pan out.

Stephen Glenn 11 September 2009 at 22:08  

Aye HP and I hear it has more leg room than Cappie. ;)

Post a Comment

Contact

Feel free to get in touch with me if you have an issue with something you've read here... or if you simply want to debate some more! You can email me at:

baldy_malc - AT - hotmail - DOT - com
Politics Blogs - Blog Top Sites

Comment Policy

I'm quite happy - indeed, eager - to engage in debate with others when the topic provides opportunity to do so. I like knowing who I'm debating with and I'm fed up with some abusive anonymous comments so I've disabled those comments for awhile. If you want to comment, log in - it only takes a minute.
Powered By Blogger

Disclaimer

Regrettably, this is probably required:
This blog is my own personal opinion (unless otherwise stated) and does not necessarily reflect the views of any other organisation (political or otherwise) that I am a member of or affiliated to.
BlogRankers.com
Sport Blogs
Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template The Business Templates by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP