Tuesday 10 February 2009

A minor shuffle...

So I got that a bit wrong eh?

Alex Neil becomes new Minister for Housing and Communities.
Mike Russell moves up a step to become Minister for Culture (and a wee bit more).
Roseanna Cunningham becomes Minister for Environment, replacing Mike Russell.
Keith Brown to take over as Minister for Schools and Skills.

Which means movement to the backbenches for Stewart Maxwell, Linda Fabiani and Maureen Watt.

I guess to all intents and purposes a minor reshuffle. Some strength coming in in Alex Neil and Roseanna Cunningham - combative politicians both, and neither exactly bosom buddies with the First Minister. Keith Brown probably got the nod as a move up from his Chairing the Standards Committee.

Guess we'll see the new committee make up shortly too.

Interesting stuff though.

1 comments:

Holyrood Patter 10 February 2009 at 12:02  

people often forget that due to the comparative power and size of holyrood committees, that a reshuffle does take them in aswell

Post a Comment

Contact

Feel free to get in touch with me if you have an issue with something you've read here... or if you simply want to debate some more! You can email me at:

baldy_malc - AT - hotmail - DOT - com
Politics Blogs - Blog Top Sites

Comment Policy

I'm quite happy - indeed, eager - to engage in debate with others when the topic provides opportunity to do so. I like knowing who I'm debating with and I'm fed up with some abusive anonymous comments so I've disabled those comments for awhile. If you want to comment, log in - it only takes a minute.
Powered By Blogger

Disclaimer

Regrettably, this is probably required:
This blog is my own personal opinion (unless otherwise stated) and does not necessarily reflect the views of any other organisation (political or otherwise) that I am a member of or affiliated to.
BlogRankers.com
Sport Blogs
Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template The Business Templates by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP