Friday 13 March 2009

Friday Quiz

I've had bit of fun with quizzes in the past few weeks and I spotted this one on Facebook and couldn't resist.

It's a music quiz based on 25 randomly-shuffled tracks in my iTunes library. I'll give you the first line of the song, you guess the artist and title. Don't use Google (or any other search engine of your choice) as it takes away from the fun of it a bit. Obviously, if you actually know me then you might have a slightly better chance of knowing some of the music that I listen to, but it is a pretty eclectic mix so you should be able to get some of them.

I'll put the answers up as folks guess them.

1. And if there’s someone you can live without then do so

BARENAKED LADIES - Be My Yoko Ono (Grainne FB)

2. Do I really need a reason?

3. Hello. I’ve waited here for you

FOO FIGHTERS - Everlong (Sam FB)

4. Every time you point your finger, three more point right back at you

5. I caught you knocking at my cellar door

NEIL YOUNG - The Needle and the Damage Done (Euan)

6. No matter where I roam, I will return

PAUL WELLER - English Rose (Euan)

7. I get up in the evening

BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN - Dancing in the Dark (Tory Bear)

8. We are not your sinners, our voices are for real

9. All the late night bargains have been struck

DIRE STRAITS - Your Latest Trick (P.J)

10. How many special people change?

OASIS - Champagne Supernova (Grainne FB)

11. Blackbirds slow and softly breaks a glass of wine

RYAN ADAMS - Firecracker (Rich FB)

12. Here comes the wise man and there goes the fool

STONE ROSES - What the World is Waiting For (Euan)

13. I would have given you all of my heart

ROD STEWART - The First Cut is the Deepest (Benny/ Grainne)

14. You said New York, New York is dangerous

QUEEN & DAVID BOWIE - Under Pressure (Benny)

15. I can’t stand to fly, I’m not that naïve

FIVE FOR FIGHTING - Superman (Grainne)

16. What’s up with my heart when it skips a beat?

THE CORAL - Dreaming of You (Grainne)

17. My piano is out of tune, I wish it wasn’t

THE FEELING - Helicopter (Fiona)

18. You give your hand to me and then you say hello

RAY CHARLES - You Don't Know Me (P.J)

19. Well I woke up in mid-afternoon ’cause that’s when it all hurts the most

COUNTING CROWS - Mrs Potter's Lullaby (Grainne FB)

20. I met him in a crowded room

BLUR - Charmless Man (Rich FB)

21. I knew all along that I was right at the start

DIRTY PRETTY THINGS - Bang Bang You're Dead

22. There’s no one in town I know, you gave us someplace to go

JIMMY EAT WORLD - Hear You Me (Grainne)

23. Every night I grab some money and I go down to the bar

MEATLOAF - Dead Ringer for Love (P.J)

24. Sometimes I see your face looking at me

TAKE THAT - Up All Night (Euan)

25. That’s great it starts with an earthquake

R.E.M - It's the end of the world as we know it (and I feel fine) (Grainne)


Good luck.

Oh yeah. And Happy Birthday Mum!

7 comments:

Benny 13 March 2009 at 08:52  

14. Queen - Under Pressure?
13. Sheryl Crow - The First Cut is the deepest.

That's a pretty hard list!

Malc 13 March 2009 at 09:09  

Benny -

14. Queen AND David Bowie. But yes.

13. The First Cut is the Deepest... but the artist isn't right.

Anonymous,  13 March 2009 at 11:40  

7. Oh that one is easy! Bruce Springsteen Dancing in the Dark


TB

PJ 13 March 2009 at 12:13  

18. "You don't know me" by Ray Charles

13. Was the original artist Rod Stewart?

23. "Dead ringer for love" by Meat Loaf

Kind of an eclectic mix!

Malc 13 March 2009 at 12:30  

I don't know if Rod Stewart was the original artist... but it is his version that I have in iTunes. And yes, I will admit that.

And yep, crazy eclectic mix.

PJ 13 March 2009 at 14:14  

9. "Your Latest Trick" by Dire Straits

Anonymous,  14 March 2009 at 08:58  

wish i'd seen this earlier...

4. goo goo dolls, from dizzy but can't think what the song is called, might come to me

5. neil young, needle and the damage done (classic)

6. jam, english rose (glad to see you're being honest with the songs, controversial choice for mr nat)

8. no idea but it sounds like a richie line?

12. stone roses - what the world is waiting for

21. dirty pretty things bang bang you're dead

24. reluctant to post...bit of a guilty pleasure of mine lately, this song particularly. take that up all night

ps the name of the goo goo dolls song was annoying me so i cheated for my own peace of mind but not put it up here...

Post a Comment

Contact

Feel free to get in touch with me if you have an issue with something you've read here... or if you simply want to debate some more! You can email me at:

baldy_malc - AT - hotmail - DOT - com
Politics Blogs - Blog Top Sites

Comment Policy

I'm quite happy - indeed, eager - to engage in debate with others when the topic provides opportunity to do so. I like knowing who I'm debating with and I'm fed up with some abusive anonymous comments so I've disabled those comments for awhile. If you want to comment, log in - it only takes a minute.
Powered By Blogger

Disclaimer

Regrettably, this is probably required:
This blog is my own personal opinion (unless otherwise stated) and does not necessarily reflect the views of any other organisation (political or otherwise) that I am a member of or affiliated to.
BlogRankers.com
Sport Blogs
Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template The Business Templates by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP