Thursday 17 April 2008

The Return of FMQs

After a two-week break FMQs was back today and... well, could it really have gotten any worse for wee Wendy?

I'd like to say that it is better to stay silent and let people think you a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt but honestly...

Presiding Officer: "Ms Alexander, final question."

Wendy Alexander: "I do not have another question..."

Really? So the ONLY thing that is of any concern to the leader of the Labour party in the Scottish Parliament is the SNP Government's commitment to provision of PE in schools - a commitment which the First Minister announced today that, in spite of weekend reports to the contrary, the Scottish Government is to meet.

What happened to the vulnerable two year olds? The voluntary sector? The poor? The weak? The vulnerable? None of the things which have been at the forefront of the Labour leader's questions in previous sessions found their way to her mind at that point.

She might as well have said "I don't have any more concerns. Your party are doing an amazing job, I think the PE provision is great, scrapping the graduate endowment was brilliant and I'll bring the party round on LIT and even independence." Because if she doesn't want to hold the Government to account, one can only assume that she finds what they are doing pretty good. I also expect her to forfeit her questions at FMQs next week as there is clearly nothing she needs an answer to.

Not so much a case of "No further questions Your Honour" as "I cannae think of owt mair tae say - I'm jist nae smairt enuff."

By the way - Brian Taylor's rather cynical take on todays FMQs is hilarious and well worth a read.

1 comments:

Ewan 17 April 2008 at 21:55  

Malc

Your kind comment about thinking of the peopel past the politics on my blog has inspired me to make a move I have been thinking about for some time but not been brave enough to do; linking to others with whom I would probably disagree!

So congratulations, yours is the first non Labour political blog I have linked to and when I have a little more time I will add some more as you have. Let debate be more real!

thank you

Ewan Aitken

Post a Comment

Contact

Feel free to get in touch with me if you have an issue with something you've read here... or if you simply want to debate some more! You can email me at:

baldy_malc - AT - hotmail - DOT - com
Politics Blogs - Blog Top Sites

Comment Policy

I'm quite happy - indeed, eager - to engage in debate with others when the topic provides opportunity to do so. I like knowing who I'm debating with and I'm fed up with some abusive anonymous comments so I've disabled those comments for awhile. If you want to comment, log in - it only takes a minute.
Powered By Blogger

Disclaimer

Regrettably, this is probably required:
This blog is my own personal opinion (unless otherwise stated) and does not necessarily reflect the views of any other organisation (political or otherwise) that I am a member of or affiliated to.
BlogRankers.com
Sport Blogs
Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template The Business Templates by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP