Monday 15 December 2008

Quote(s) of the day (yesterday)


Former Scotland football manager Craig Brown on the Politics Show yesterday:
"The GB team...Quite clearly, being very patriotic and Scottish I am bitterly opposed to that because I don't trust FIFA's assurance that this thing won't be binding for the future..."

"There is not one genuine football - Scotland - supporter that I know who's in favour of this."
Guess he will be berated from all sides as a closet "bigot" Nationalist...

Incidentally, the MSPs' favourite sporting pundit - one Charles "Chic" Young - also appeared on the Politics Show yesterday. The following statement (at 30.10 on the film) is attributed to him:
"I think its one thing politicians sticking their noses into football in the first place. But sticking their boots into it - and me in particular - is another thing altogether."

"If I had the slightest excuse, I would be the 'Guy Fawkes' of Holyrood and I'd try to blow the place to smithereens."
Surely the counter-terrorism police must be called regarding this very public threat on an established democratic institution?!

1 comments:

Stuart Winton 15 December 2008 at 23:23  

Maybe Chic Young just fancies being Scotland's answer to Guido!

Post a Comment

Contact

Feel free to get in touch with me if you have an issue with something you've read here... or if you simply want to debate some more! You can email me at:

baldy_malc - AT - hotmail - DOT - com
Politics Blogs - Blog Top Sites

Comment Policy

I'm quite happy - indeed, eager - to engage in debate with others when the topic provides opportunity to do so. I like knowing who I'm debating with and I'm fed up with some abusive anonymous comments so I've disabled those comments for awhile. If you want to comment, log in - it only takes a minute.
Powered By Blogger

Disclaimer

Regrettably, this is probably required:
This blog is my own personal opinion (unless otherwise stated) and does not necessarily reflect the views of any other organisation (political or otherwise) that I am a member of or affiliated to.
BlogRankers.com
Sport Blogs
Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template The Business Templates by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP