Thursday 25 February 2010

Six Nations Week 3 - Predictions


After getting 3 out of 3 last week (and now being 6 from 6 for the season) here's the scores on my predictor for what is the most difficult to call week yet:

Wales
 18-29 France (Friday)
Italy 12-19 Scotland
England 21-16 Ireland


Tonight first, and I've gone with France to continue their march towards the championship with a win in Cardiff.  They were dominant against Ireland while Wales were rubbish for 60 minutes against Scotland before beating a side who self-destructed.  They won't have that luxury against the French who are settled and capable of giving them a thumping, particularly in the back-row, where the Scottish boys even made Wales look bad last week.

Tomorrow, despite the injuries - and for the first time this season - I'm going for a Scotland win.  I think the confidence gleaned from the position we held against Wales last week should see us through - as long as that has been the focus (and not the last 10, when we threw it away).  Discipline has to be the key word, and good game management.  Do that, and we should be fine.
Finally, I've gone with England at home to an Ireland side smarting from their thumping last week.  Neither played well - indeed, England were brutal in their win - but you'd still rather be coming off the back of a win than a loss.  I don't think this will be a pretty encounter, but I'm giving England the edge.  They only lost to eventual Grand Slam winners Ireland by a point - in Dublin - last year and I think they are due a performance.
Another 3 from 3?  That's as likely as 0 from 3 - this week is so hard to call.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Contact

Feel free to get in touch with me if you have an issue with something you've read here... or if you simply want to debate some more! You can email me at:

baldy_malc - AT - hotmail - DOT - com
Politics Blogs - Blog Top Sites

Comment Policy

I'm quite happy - indeed, eager - to engage in debate with others when the topic provides opportunity to do so. I like knowing who I'm debating with and I'm fed up with some abusive anonymous comments so I've disabled those comments for awhile. If you want to comment, log in - it only takes a minute.
Powered By Blogger

Disclaimer

Regrettably, this is probably required:
This blog is my own personal opinion (unless otherwise stated) and does not necessarily reflect the views of any other organisation (political or otherwise) that I am a member of or affiliated to.
BlogRankers.com
Sport Blogs
Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template The Business Templates by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP