Monday 27 April 2009

Business community turns back on Labour


Following on from my piece this morning on the dissent within the Labour party at the moment, it appears there is also plenty of opposition to the party's economic policy from the business community as well.

"Lingerie tycoon" Michelle Mone - a lifelong Labour supporter - has spoken out against the 50p top rate of tax, calling it a "disgrace." Which is pretty much how I thought it would play.

Got to congratulate the BBC on their headline for the story though:

"Bra boss withdraws Labour support"

Someone at the BBC has a sense of humour. For a change.

Actually, come to think of it, it looks like Messers Brown & Darling might too - they seem to be making Labour into a national joke...

4 comments:

subrosa 27 April 2009 at 15:30  

I read somewhere she's moved to the tories. That'll be uplifting for them then.

Holyrood Patter 27 April 2009 at 17:00  

cant see her at the tories subrosa.
although if she wants to use politics to promote herself she will need to go somewhere, surely not the nats?

subrosa 27 April 2009 at 20:48  

I think it was one of the broadsheets who suggested she'd move to the tories. She'd never support (oops) the SNP. She's a unionist through and through, not from conviction but because she thinks unionism is her way to more profit.

Not a pleasant woman believe me.

Malc 27 April 2009 at 20:56  

She didn't exactly endear herself to people on The Comic Relief Apprentice.

Post a Comment

Contact

Feel free to get in touch with me if you have an issue with something you've read here... or if you simply want to debate some more! You can email me at:

baldy_malc - AT - hotmail - DOT - com
Politics Blogs - Blog Top Sites

Comment Policy

I'm quite happy - indeed, eager - to engage in debate with others when the topic provides opportunity to do so. I like knowing who I'm debating with and I'm fed up with some abusive anonymous comments so I've disabled those comments for awhile. If you want to comment, log in - it only takes a minute.
Powered By Blogger

Disclaimer

Regrettably, this is probably required:
This blog is my own personal opinion (unless otherwise stated) and does not necessarily reflect the views of any other organisation (political or otherwise) that I am a member of or affiliated to.
BlogRankers.com
Sport Blogs
Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template The Business Templates by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP