Tuesday 4 November 2008

Today's the day

I'll probably be blogging pretty relentlessly today, with a couple of posts to set the scene for the upcoming battle as well as a long night of liveblogging from 10.30pm GMT, with hopes that we should know - for sure - who the next President of the United States is by around 5am GMT.

So here's the first of today's blogs.

First up, take a look here for an hour-by-hour guide to election night and what to look for when. I'll probably be returning to this later on to give an outline of early results.

Also, if you are into your numbers, FiveThirtyEight.com is a good place to go for stats and poll analysis They've run the numbers around 10,000 times - with Obama winning 90%+ of the time.

FoxNews has an interactive map here which will be updated throughout the night. MSNBC also have this feature and it is here. ABC's coverage is here. And you know I have them all bookmarked...

One more piece for the early morning post. ABC's George Stephanopoulos has 6 states to watch early on - Virginia, Indiana, Ohio, North Carolina, Pennsylvania and Florida. Apparently McCain's campaign have said they need to win 5 out of those 6. But realistically, if he's to win, he'd probably have to win Pennsylvania - as well as the 5 other states that Bush won in 2004.

There's a long day ahead. Drink plenty fluids.

And if you have a vote, make sure you use it!

13 comments:

Malc 4 November 2008 at 12:00  

excited doesn't begin to cover it...

Anonymous,  4 November 2008 at 12:41  

Its 5:40 am, gonna be heading by my local polling place in 2-3 hours. Who to choose who to choose who to choose.........

Holyrood Patter 4 November 2008 at 12:55  

should i stay up malc?
I do have work at 9?
I could stay up and take in the result then crash for a few hours
or I could go to sleep early and wake up around 2
Thoughts?

Malc 4 November 2008 at 13:13  

Trav,

I expect you've probably made up your mind by now...

Which state are you voting in? Arizona?

Malc 4 November 2008 at 13:14  

HP,

I'd be delighted if you are going to join in for a bit. To be honest, how much work gets done at a constituency office the day before a By-election anyway?!

Sam 4 November 2008 at 13:27  

As I also have to work tomorrow, I'll be treating it like watching Formula 1 on ITV... Going to sleep early & waking up at 1/2. All the action's on the final bend right?!

Malc 4 November 2008 at 13:41  

Actually Sam, before that final bend, I was all set to use Hamilton as a metaphor for Obama's campaign - leading right up to the end, excellent strategy but right at the end something happens to take it out of your hands...

Maybe now the metaphor is that he'll still sneak it? I don't know.

Anonymous,  4 November 2008 at 15:12  

Voting in the AZ, and yes I've long since decided that I want Moosey McGuns to be my VP.

Malc 4 November 2008 at 15:21  

Good stuff. Swing by later... otherwise I might get lonely!

Jen 4 November 2008 at 15:52  

caribou barbie does provide the most bang for your buck ;P

Holyrood Patter 4 November 2008 at 16:16  

How do you know my shady job details?
The consituency office is the hub of any political instution. Not that you would know!

Malc 4 November 2008 at 16:26  

I know everything! Or I have pretty good sources for most things...

And I know how much work gets done in constituency offices!

Post a Comment

Contact

Feel free to get in touch with me if you have an issue with something you've read here... or if you simply want to debate some more! You can email me at:

baldy_malc - AT - hotmail - DOT - com
Politics Blogs - Blog Top Sites

Comment Policy

I'm quite happy - indeed, eager - to engage in debate with others when the topic provides opportunity to do so. I like knowing who I'm debating with and I'm fed up with some abusive anonymous comments so I've disabled those comments for awhile. If you want to comment, log in - it only takes a minute.
Powered By Blogger

Disclaimer

Regrettably, this is probably required:
This blog is my own personal opinion (unless otherwise stated) and does not necessarily reflect the views of any other organisation (political or otherwise) that I am a member of or affiliated to.
BlogRankers.com
Sport Blogs
Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template The Business Templates by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP