Friday 26 September 2008

Personal note


Just wanted to say a public thanks to those who came to my leaving "do" last night. After almost a year in the employ of the Scottish Parliament, I decided to return to bumming around academia where I'll be spending the next 3 years researching for a PhD.

Last night was great - several bloggers and a couple of MSPs were kind enough to come along and offer their best wishes/ make sure I was actually leaving. And the crew of young patsies were tremendous company - though how they all made it to work for 9am this morning I'll never know.

I hope to have more time to devote to this in the coming weeks and months. I'm told no one really does anything in their first year as a PhD candidate... if that is indeed the case then expect to hear more from me than perhaps you'd like!

Cheers again to all those who made my time at work better.

ps - some cracking photos up on facebook for those who know me!

2 comments:

Anonymous,  26 September 2008 at 18:15  

Best wishes, Malc. Out of curiosity, what's your research topic?

Malc 29 September 2008 at 15:31  

Scottish Unionist. Either you are actually curious or you know me, know the topic and want to out me. If its the second, its a dangerous one, as there are only so many people I know, and your identity may be rumbled!

Anyway, I'm looking at comparing nationalist parties in government in the UK and Spain. I guess its not exactly to your tastes, but there we are. But don't worry - I'll still be here for you to harry!

Post a Comment

Contact

Feel free to get in touch with me if you have an issue with something you've read here... or if you simply want to debate some more! You can email me at:

baldy_malc - AT - hotmail - DOT - com
Politics Blogs - Blog Top Sites

Comment Policy

I'm quite happy - indeed, eager - to engage in debate with others when the topic provides opportunity to do so. I like knowing who I'm debating with and I'm fed up with some abusive anonymous comments so I've disabled those comments for awhile. If you want to comment, log in - it only takes a minute.
Powered By Blogger

Disclaimer

Regrettably, this is probably required:
This blog is my own personal opinion (unless otherwise stated) and does not necessarily reflect the views of any other organisation (political or otherwise) that I am a member of or affiliated to.
BlogRankers.com
Sport Blogs
Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template The Business Templates by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP