Sunday 7 September 2008

US result 2004

I challenged ASwaS on Wednesday last week to predict the winner of each state in the US election - and gave him a deadline of 23 September to make his predictions - still two weeks away. The uber-confident Stephen Glenn has already posted his prediction - long before the deadline. I'm not crazy/confident enough to nail my predictions down yet - I still think a lot may happen in the next 2 weeks - but I thought I'd post some numbers to think about. So, here's what happened in 2004:

States won by Republicans 2004

States won by Democrats 2004

Alabama 9

California 55

Alaska 3

Connecticut 7

Arizona 10

Delaware 3

Arkansas 6

D.C. 3

Colorado 9

Hawaii 4

Florida 27

Illinois 21

Georgia 15

Maine 4

Idaho 4

Maryland 10

Indiana 11

Massachusetts 12

Iowa 7

Michigan 17

Kansas 6

Minnesota 10

Kentucky 8

New Hampshire 4

Louisiana 9

New Jersey 15

Mississippi 6

New York 31

Missouri 11

Oregon 7

Montana 3

Pennsylvania 21

Nebraska 5

Rhode Island 4

Nevada 5

Vermont 3

New Mexico 5

Washington 11

North Carolina 15

Wisconsin 10

North Dakota 3

TOTAL STATES – 19 (+ D.C)

Ohio 20

ELECTORAL COLLEGE VOTES – 252

Oklahoma 7


South Carolina 8


South Dakota 3


Tennessee 11


Texas 34


Utah 5


Virginia 13


West Virginia 5


Wyoming 3


TOTAL STATES – 31


ELECTORAL COLLEGE VOTES – 286


3 comments:

Jeff 8 September 2008 at 07:23  

You missed out a column for States stolen by the Republicans but cheers for the list, I'll be putting my own blogging neck on the line, no doubt 5 minutes before the deadline!

Malc 8 September 2008 at 09:21  

I think you are confusing 2004 with 2000 Jeff :)

Jeff 8 September 2008 at 11:30  

Time sure flies...


And I'm just lowering expectations for my predicting efforts in advance of a can of whoop ass being opened up on me in due course.

Post a Comment

Contact

Feel free to get in touch with me if you have an issue with something you've read here... or if you simply want to debate some more! You can email me at:

baldy_malc - AT - hotmail - DOT - com
Politics Blogs - Blog Top Sites

Comment Policy

I'm quite happy - indeed, eager - to engage in debate with others when the topic provides opportunity to do so. I like knowing who I'm debating with and I'm fed up with some abusive anonymous comments so I've disabled those comments for awhile. If you want to comment, log in - it only takes a minute.
Powered By Blogger

Disclaimer

Regrettably, this is probably required:
This blog is my own personal opinion (unless otherwise stated) and does not necessarily reflect the views of any other organisation (political or otherwise) that I am a member of or affiliated to.
BlogRankers.com
Sport Blogs
Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template The Business Templates by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP