Tuesday 7 October 2008

A fan...

I had a (long but useful) induction day at uni for my PhD today. One funny thing to report.

One of the speakers asked us to talk to our neighbour for a couple of minutes about our PhD projects.

I was talking to another politics student.
I listened to him tell me about his proposal - which, as ever, sounded eminently more complicated than my own - before it was my turn.

"So, what's your name, what are you studying and where are you from?" He asked (paraphrased slightly).

"I'm Malcolm, I'm looking at nationalist parties in government both here and in Spain, and I live in Edinburgh."

His response:


"You don't happen to have a blog called Malc in the Burgh do you?"


Made my day that bit better!

2 comments:

Anonymous,  7 October 2008 at 18:47  

But you've not told us what he thought about it...

Malc 7 October 2008 at 18:51  

Shrewd IoC.

Strangely, he didn't say...

Post a Comment

Contact

Feel free to get in touch with me if you have an issue with something you've read here... or if you simply want to debate some more! You can email me at:

baldy_malc - AT - hotmail - DOT - com
Politics Blogs - Blog Top Sites

Comment Policy

I'm quite happy - indeed, eager - to engage in debate with others when the topic provides opportunity to do so. I like knowing who I'm debating with and I'm fed up with some abusive anonymous comments so I've disabled those comments for awhile. If you want to comment, log in - it only takes a minute.
Powered By Blogger

Disclaimer

Regrettably, this is probably required:
This blog is my own personal opinion (unless otherwise stated) and does not necessarily reflect the views of any other organisation (political or otherwise) that I am a member of or affiliated to.
BlogRankers.com
Sport Blogs
Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template The Business Templates by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP