Thursday 9 October 2008

Gray makes appearance in US election

No, not the new Labour leader in the Scottish Parliament...



Democratic candidate for President, Barack Obama - May 2008













Democratic candidate for President, Barack Obama - September 2008








Having wat
ched Tony Blair and, latterly, Gordon Brown succumb to greying locks, it should come as no surprise that a candidate for the position of world's most powerful man should start to turn grey.

With regards the credit crunch, I guess when Alastair Darling's eyebrows turn grey we should start to really panic about economics.

And I do realise - what with my distinct lack of hair at the rip old age of, erm, 24, I'm hardly in a position to comment on other men's hairstyles.


One question though - do you think Obama has heard of 'Just for Men'? Or is this a calculated ploy to allow the hair to go grey - to make him look older, more experienced and ready to take the job?

4 comments:

Sam 9 October 2008 at 13:23  

Malc your cynicism really shows no boundaries!

Anyway I thought Just for Men was a pile of c**p?

Malc 9 October 2008 at 13:27  

I wouldn't know, I don't have any hair...

As for the other thing. Its worth considering - if only because McCain has challenged him to look like he is ready to govern. Quote from the debate "there is no on the job training here."

Yes I'm cynical. But tell me you think I don't have a little bit of a point? I'm not saying he's growing grey intentionally - I'm just saying I don't think it hurts him!

Sam 9 October 2008 at 20:42  

Oh cynicism is a fantastic thing. We wouldn't have studied politics without a healthy dose of it.

I wonder what the polling question was for that? The mind boggles.

Stephen Glenn 10 October 2008 at 07:51  

OK now that Grecian 2000 is off the campaign trail lets get rid of hair plugs or toupees to provide and even playing field for those of us not scared to show our follicle challengedness.

Post a Comment

Contact

Feel free to get in touch with me if you have an issue with something you've read here... or if you simply want to debate some more! You can email me at:

baldy_malc - AT - hotmail - DOT - com
Politics Blogs - Blog Top Sites

Comment Policy

I'm quite happy - indeed, eager - to engage in debate with others when the topic provides opportunity to do so. I like knowing who I'm debating with and I'm fed up with some abusive anonymous comments so I've disabled those comments for awhile. If you want to comment, log in - it only takes a minute.
Powered By Blogger

Disclaimer

Regrettably, this is probably required:
This blog is my own personal opinion (unless otherwise stated) and does not necessarily reflect the views of any other organisation (political or otherwise) that I am a member of or affiliated to.
BlogRankers.com
Sport Blogs
Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template The Business Templates by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP